Fiske and Company provides clients, future clients and referral partners with articles exploring timely accounting topics, industry trends, and IRS issues. Below is a list of current articles from the last few months exploring strategic accounting solutions, ATRA, PPACA, FBAR, FATCA, as well as estate and gift tax legislation and new tax and accounting rules that might affect you and/or your industry. Please click on the tax, audit, valuation, litigation support or fraud title of greatest interest to be taken to the full article.
- David Goldweitz Joins CBS4 Miami to Help Explain the GOP Tax Bill; December 2017
- Broward Barrister: “Make the Most of Interrogatories Using a Forensic Accounting Expert” with Sheri F. Schultz and Katie Gilden; November 2017
- AdvisoryHQ: Fiske & Company listed in “2017 Ranking & Reviews – Top Ranking Accounting Firms in Miami, Florida”; July 2017
- South Florida Business Journal: The List – Accounting Firms By South Florida Billings; July 2017
- South Florida Legal Guide: “Technology, Healthcare, Infrastructure Offer Growth Opportunities” with Sheri F. Schultz; July 2017
- Sun Sentinel: People on the Move with Bonnie Ross; July 2017
- South Florida Business Journal: People on the Move with Bonnie Ross; July 2017
- Attorney at Law Magazine: “The Father and Daughter Duo – Fiske & Co.” with Alan Fiske and Sheri F. Schultz; May 2017
- South Florida Business Journal: “Mentoring Monday” with Sheri F. Schultz; April 2017
- South Florida Legal Guide: “Florida’s Unknown: Daubert v. Frye and the Effect on Financial Experts” by Sheri F. Schultz and Katie Gilden; January 2017
- Sun Sentinel: The Break Room; November 2016
- Attorney at Law Magazine: Professional Profile with Sheri F. Schultz; September 2016
- Claims Journal: “How a Forensic Accountant Can Knock Out Unsubstantiated Claims” by Martin Williams; July 2016
- South Florida Business Journal: People on the Move with Morris Berger; June 2016
- NCR Silver: “How Much Should You Pay Yourself If You Own A Small Business?” with Katie Gilden; June 2016
- Daily Business Review: Franchise Value: What to Consider Before Buying” by Katie Gilden; May 2016
- South Florida Business Journal: “Women of Influence” with Sheri F. Schultz; May 2016
- South Florida Business Journal: Litigation Support Accounting Firms Rankings; May 2016
- City & Shore Magazine: “Always on Your Mind; Why Tax Planning Should be a Year-Round Focus” by Howard Hammer; April 2016
- Manta Small Business: “Tax Planning is a Must All Year Long” by Howard Hammer; March 2016
- Florida Leadership Magazine – Sheri F. Schultz; August 2015
- Financial Advisor – Florida Retirees Undeterred By Rising Home Insurance Risk; July 2015
- Daily Business Review – Litigation Support; June 2015
- South Florida Business Journal: Litigation Support Accounting Firms Rankings; May 2015
- South Florida Business Journal: People On The Move with Sheri F. Schultz; April 2015
- Sun-Sentinel: People On The Move with Sheri F. Shultz; April 2015
- South Florida Business Journal: “Fiske & Co. Merges With Former Employee’s Firm” with David Goldweitz and Alan Fiske; March 2015
- Sun-Sentinel: People On The Move with David Goldweitz; March 2015
- The Miami Herald: Movers Spotlight with David Goldweitz; March 2015
- South Florida Legal Guide: “Reflecting On The Past 10 Years” with Alan Fiske; February 2015
- The Miami Herald: “Internal Theft Saps Life From Companies” Katie Gilden and Martin Williams; February 2015
- New IRS Definitions & Opportunities for R & D Credits
- Tips to Transition Smoothly to the New Revenue Recognition Standards
- What to Do if You Suspect You or a Client Are a Victim of Estate Fraud
- Dividing Retirement Plan Benefits in Divorce? A CPA Can Cope With the Complexities of a QDRO!
- Mid-Year Tax Checklist for Businesses & Individuals to Reduce Your 2014 Tax Bill
- Consider the IRS Before and After Your Divorce Decree
- SEC Amendments Strengthen Audit Requirements for Broker-Dealers
- Inversion Could Saddle Shareholders with Bigger Tax Bills
- Tax Tips for Working Teens, Summer Interns, and Their Parents
- Navigating That Nasty Net Investment Income Tax!
- Payroll Fraud and Non-Payment of Payroll Taxes Could Mean Prison
- Oops, There’s an Error in Your Tax Return! What Do You Do Now?
- Summer is Here and so are the Payroll Issues of Summer Interns
- Getting Divorced? Grab the Tax Deductions!
- IRS Common Red Flags and Not-So-Common Audits
- Do Not Ignore an IRS Notice – Procrastinate at Your Peril!
- ACA Double Whammy Will Wallop Small Businesses in 2016
- Last Chance for Florida Annual Report for LLCs, Corporations and Partnerships Due May 1st
- Fast Tax Facts to File in Your Capital Gains and Losses Folder
- The IRS Takes Foreign Assets, FBAR, and FATCA Seriously. So Should You!
- Do Audits Assist in Uncovering Fraud? Can “COSO” Help Prevent It?
- Compliance With The New Tangible Property Regulations Can Be Challenging
- Possible Solutions to Present Day Realities Regarding Fraud
- ACA Final Regulations Alert: Transition Relief and Another Delay for Penalties
- FASB Proposal on Lease Accounting May Change – New Standard Provides Transparency
- Trusts Can Protect Your Future and Help Achieve Long Term Financial Goals
- Top Reasons Why a Business or Professional Practice Needs a Valuation
- Top Secrets of a Top Tax Pro!
- Differences & Disagreements in Determining the Fair Market Value for Divorce Assets
- A “SOC” Report Can Scope Out Risk and Reassure Both Buyers and Sellers!
- IRS 2014 Tax Rate Tables
- The IRS Announces Annual Inflation Adjustments for Tax Year 2014.
- Accounting Capitalization Policy Needed for “de minimus” Safe Harbor Election
- 2014 Tax Rate Tables and Inflation Adjusted IRS Items
- Tax Breaks Make Charitable Giving a Double Blessing!
- Is The New AICPA Reporting Framework for Private Entities Right For You?
- A Practical Approach to Proper Estate & Wealth Planning
- Detect and Deter Fraud in the Workplace
- Fiske & Company Top Tax “Dos and Don’ts” for Small Businesses
- 2013 Year End Tax Planning Strategies for Businesses
- 2013 Year End Tax Planning Strategies for Individuals
- Penalties Apply for Failure to Comply with the 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax
- Your Business May Have More Than One Value!
- How the Government Shutdown Affects Taxpayers
- Windsor Decision is a Winning Opportunity for Tax Savings